Monday, December 5

My first pie :)

I made my first pie the other day.... and, not to bragg... but it was DELICIOUS! And i made it all my myself :) *soproud :P*

Heres the recipe :)

Easy Banana Chocolate Pie
Chocolate Chips
1-2 banana(s)
1 cup shortening
2 1/2 cups all purpous flour
1/2 tsp salt
5+ tbl spoons of ice water
(^add more if needed^)
9 inch pie pan

I mixed flour and salt in a medium bowl, and then cut in shortening. I gradually added the ice water, adding more if needed. You dont want it to fall apart, but you don't want it to be sticky.
I then split the dough in half, and rolled out one half, placing it on the bottom of the pan. I sliced up my banana, and sprinkled (however many) chocolate chips over top. I then rolled out my second portion of dough, and covered the pan. I cut slits in the center to let air escape. I cooked at 400 degrees... for about 35 minutes.... or until golden brown. 

After cooled, I put it in the fridge... and had a slice the next day... make sure to microwave it, to make sure the chocolate is melted... SO GOOD!! :DD

ENJOY! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment